Our mission is to make world-class software security available to everyone. This means building program analysis tools that are open source, easy to use, powerful, and fast. It also means building a team with security expertise and a passion for great developer experiences. Most of all, it means working with honesty and respect in a diverse community of dreamers and builders. We’ve redefined static analysis tooling by committing to all of these, and turned our project, Semgrep, into an essential safeguard for code at Snowflake, Dropbox, and more.
About the role
This role takes a unique approach to community building and user advocacy to help grow our budding, enthusiastic community. We believe the future of software security depends on enabling and empowering all developers to impact security, in collaboration with AppSec teams and not in conflict with them.
As r2c’s first Developer Advocate, you’ll increase awareness, understanding, and adoption of r2c’s vision and products among both the AppSec and developer communities. Building on your first-hand experience as part of great developer relations teams, you’ll have the chance to create a brand new developer relations program that empowers the Semgrep community to achieve great things!
What you'll do
- Create technical material to help users understand and realize the value of r2c products
- Educate the security and developer communities about the value of enforcing security and code standards
- Create demos and sample code that helps users get started and relate to their own use cases
- Listen to users and the broader community, understand pain points and opportunities, and deliver feedback to the engineering and product teams
- Present at industry meetups, conferences, and community events
- Build and grow relationships with key members of the community
- Host online and in-person events to foster the community
- Make a direct, tangible impact on the product’s and company’s growth
What you have
- You have 3+ years of experience in developing, supporting, or advocating for software products as a software developer, architect, application security engineer, developer advocate, or community manager
- You have 2+ years of experience working in a successful developer relations program and a portfolio of content ready to share
- You have a desire to use skills you’ve learned to build a new developer relations program from scratch
- You have a rapid-iteration mindset that enables experimentation and adjustment depending on what works
- You have an excellent understanding of software development and security, and great problem-solving skills
- You have an excellence in presenting technical concepts in an easy-to-understand manner through presentations, workshops, videos, blogs, podcasts, webinars, and/or social media — to audiences large and small
- You have a love for enabling, helping, and guiding others to help them do something new
- You have experience blogging/writing technical articles / delivering presentations / creating effective educational material
- Bonus: You have recognition and credibility in your technical community
What we offer
Our goal is to competitively and fairly compensate every r2cer with a system that equally rewards those who are vocal and those who are less comfortable making demands during the final steps of the hiring process. To that end, we generate internal compensation bands that are used when discussing and negotiating salaries. We update these based on market data to make sure they’re above the average for comparable roles.
We also invest in our employees’ well-being and long term success with comprehensive health plans, generous vacation time, 401k matching, learning stipends, and more. Our benefits are for everyone, so that you’re taken care of, and we work with individuals to make sure they have what they need, whether that’s quiet work space, adjusted hours, or something else.
Who we are
We have people from France and the Philippines, physics and philosophy, formal methods research and full fledged corporations. We’re new parents and new grads, aspiring authors and aspiring Americans, dog lovers and dogfooders. We get together often to bike, bake, and meet up in parks. In our interactions, we believe respect and honesty go hand in hand, and prioritize both.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. At r2c, we want to learn from you as much as you learn from us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.