Senior Developer Advocate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the Role:
This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a highly strategic and visible developer relations program.
Tricentis makes tools that help people make better software through testing. Our tools cover the entire testing process from test creation to automating tests to managing the testing process to maintaining and updating the tests. We’re a top choice among professional software testers. All three of the top analyst firms call us a Test Automation leader.
Now we aspire to become the best test platform for developers, too.
We’re building a developer relations team to help developers learn how to be great testers. We believe that continuous delivery can’t happen without great testing. That testing can’t be a phase that happens after development, it has to be something developers do. And we want to make testing easy for the developer.
We do this with a combination of open source projects, paid software, and cloud-based tools. Our open source and community-powered initiatives currently include Flood Element (test your site’s performance like a browser would), SpecFlow (BDD for .Net), and TestProject (test automation for web, mobile, and APIs).
DevRel is extremely important to Tricentis. The team reports directly to the Chief Product Officer. Are empowered to make things happen and to help transform Tricentis products along the way. We have big plans and the backing of the company to do them.
What You’ll Do:
- As one of the first developer advocates at Tricentis, you’ll be instrumental in collaborating with the team to create our strategy. What developers do we want to reach? What products and messages are going to appeal to them? What’s the right blend of content, advocacy, enablement, and community to build a movement?
- As we get the team started, we want to hire people who can do a lot of things. As we grow the team, there’s going to be room to specialize, but the first people need to be able to wear a lot of hats. This is a senior IC role. As we grow you’ll be a coach and mentor to the more junior folks we bring in.
- You’ll be responsible for growing a testing mindset among developers and establishing Tricentis as a name they all know. Showing them that developers are better when they’re testers, and how to do it right. You’ll do a lot of writing and make a lot of videos. We want to be the place developers go when they have questions about testing.
- You’ll do some high-touch support. We’re not going to have you answering 300 support cases a day. But you will get involved with the deeper and longer problems, help out in some sales engagements, and work with our customers to help them solve some of their thornier testing problems.
- You’ll also help us build and nurture the community. You’ll identify and engage with our top contributors and fans and help grow a real community of developers that love using Tricentis products.
- You can expect to travel to participate in conferences and meetups. You’ll spend time consulting with our developer community and customers. It’s hard to know right now how much travel to expect or when we’ll start that aspect up.
Who You Are:
- You’re a developer that’s built and deployed things to production. It doesn’t matter if you built websites for small businesses or were part of a team building a top 10 web property. We want someone that understands the elation and pain of building and launching things.
- You have some testing expertise. You don’t need to be a professional tester, but you should have used testing tools in more than a casual manner. You might be a TDD fanatic. Or you were the go-to when your engineering team had Selenium questions. Maybe you spent a bunch of time improving the performance of your company’s mobile app and API. Tell us what you’ve done with testing in the past.
- You’re a generalist. You can write code, write blog posts, talk to customers, and present to a room full of developers. All on the same day.
- You’re a great communicator and have excellent verbal and spoken English. Do you blog or talk about technology today? Send us some of your best work examples, we’d love to see them.
- You’re comfortable with rapid change and ambiguity. We’re just starting and it will take some experimentation to find a playbook.
- You like to tinker and seek out new things. You don’t wait for someone to tell you what to do, you find interesting things and run with them.
- You work well with both developers and executives. You can talk in-the-weeds technical execution one minute and describe a complex technical topic to a non-technical audience the next.
- You can organize multiple streams of work without dropping any balls. We’re going to be doing lots of different things. Some of them will be very long-running. You’ll keep track of everything and get it all done.
Where You Are
This is a remote position on a fully remote team. You can be located just about anywhere in the world. We don’t have core hours but you should expect to have occasional meetings with people in the US, Australia, and Europe
Who Tricentis is
Tricentis makes the software industry’s #1 continuous testing platform and is recognized for reinventing software testing for DevOps. We aim to remain #1 by building the software testing platform of the future: AI-driven test automation, test management, change impact analysis, release readiness, performance engineering, operational continuity. Our mission is to empower every tester, developer, and decision-maker to deliver software with confidence and ease, making our customers wildly successful.
We’re passionate creators – of products, of experiences and of the future of software testing automation.
We offer great benefits like flexible working hours, 100% coverage of medical & dental premiums, and company paid volunteer days.
We live our values of Customer Success, Continuous Innovation, One Team, Empowerment, and Give Back. Team members truly want the best for each other and the company. People are happy to share their insights and lend help when needed.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion runs deep. We actively seek out those with different perspectives and consciously take steps to ensure everyone has a voice. We want to make the best; most innovative products and we need multiple perspectives to do that. That isn’t just lip-service; we update our processes if we find a way it can be more inclusive.
Tricentis has a global presence in Austria, Australia, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Netherlands, Singapore, Switzerland, Poland, United States, and the UK.
Tricentis is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.