Developer Advocate (DevRel)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
We’re looking for passionate, hands-on developer advocates to join our growing Developer Relations team. As a part of the Bridgecrew team here at Palo Alto Networks, we educate, empower, and enable developers to shift cloud infrastructure security into code.
As a Developer Advocate, you will collaborate closely with developers to raise awareness of the importance of security in the infrastructure lifecycle. You’ll improve Bridgecrew’s security tools where possible through developer feedback. You will also educate the developer community through code, content, and conversation about cloud security, the solutions available, and pragmatic best practices they can use to hit the ground running.
Bridgecrew’s mission is to enable security where code happens. Our security services enable safer, quicker deployments by allowing teams to interact with security issues and fixes without leaving their day-to-day lifecycle and tooling.
To do this, Bridgecrew develops open source tools, public API’s, and an automation platform to enable cloud infrastructure security at scale. Our platform automates log auditing, compliance scanning, remediation execution, and guardrail deployment for cloud providers and infrastructure as code frameworks alike (such as Terraform, Kubernetes, Cloudformation, Azure ARM, Helm, and more). It includes standardized API’s that can be incorporated into CI/CD pipelines to prevent misconfigurations before they impact production.
Founded in 2019, Bridgecrew is now part of Palo Alto Networks, where our commitment to developer-friendly infrastructure security through open source and open API’s will continue to grow.
Ideally our candidate is at their best when immersed in developer communities. They care about both security and open source software, and are excited about getting to the bottom of a problem to hack-up a solution. Our developer advocates are hands-on and love to learn as well as educate.
- Increase awareness of Bridgecrew’s open source projects and communities.
- Increase awareness of Bridgecrew’s cloud security platform, its developer API’s, and open source integrations.
- Produce great multimedia security content in a variety of different formats to create the biggest impact within the DevSecOps and Codified Security communities.
- Work closely with our partners and customers, as well as internal development, product, and marketing teams.
- Educate open source community users about the importance of DevSecOps.
- Experience developing applications, integrations, or plugins in Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, and Kubernetes.
- Experience building and maintaining automated CI/CD pipelines, with tools such as GitHub Actions, AWS CodePipeline, CircleCI, and Travis.
- Ability to write and teach high-quality technical content that is accessible to developers and industry leaders.
- Demonstrated experience working in Developer Advocacy, or in a highly technical developer-facing advocacy role.
- Experience working with and enabling open source communities.
- Tech stack: Terraform, Lambda, Kubernetes, ECS, Ansible, CloudFormation, Python.
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping implementing product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our Mission: Cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.