This job is no longer accepting applications.
LogDNA, the developer-first log management platform for DevOps-oriented teams, is hiring a second Developer Advocate. Join a strong mission and values-driven culture as we enable the people who create solutions that shape the world.
Our Developer Relations program is focused on supporting and keeping us connected with the DevOps community. In this highly visible role, you will help build and expand our Developer Relations program by serving as an ambassador of LogDNA in the DevOps community, helping build and nurture the LogDNA community, and advocating for engineers in our product, technical docs, and throughout the customer experience. If you love the wide-ranging, creative nature of Developer Relations—connecting with engineers, speaking, writing, managing community, planning and executing strategy, and engaging with current and prospective customers—then you’ll love this role.
What to expect in the role
The primary objective of Developer Relations is to build awareness, engender trust, and enable engineers to be more successful with LogDNA. In this role, you will:
- Write, speak, and edit. You’ll identify and speak at relevant conferences and write key pieces of content to inspire and educate engineers on technical topics. You’ll also provide technical review of blog posts, articles, and sales enablement materials, as well as inform the content roadmap to ensure that we’re creating technically accurate and compelling pieces. You’ll even have the opportunity to speak to LogDNA customers as a subject matter expert.
- Engage with the community ecosystem. You’ll participate in relevant technical communities as a practitioner to gain a deep understanding of that community’s needs. You’ll host, sponsor, and attend a wide-variety of community events like conferences, meetups, and user groups. You’ll participate in forums, GitHub, Discord and Slack communities, on social media, and anywhere else engineers gather.
- Influence product strategy. You’ll internally advocate for engineers and—working with product management, engineering, marketing, sales, and support—help influence the direction of our product and how we position ourselves in the market.
- Engage with existing and potential LogDNA community members. When possible, you’ll participate and host roundtables and interactive workshops that connect us to existing and prospective customers around the world while providing insights about the community and the industry. Occasionally, you’ll join our sales team to talk with customers and prospects who want to learn more about the industry and the community.
- Develop DevRel strategy and measurement. You’ll help define the Developer Relations strategy to build awareness of and trust in LogDNA, and define how to measure the program’s success.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Deep empathy for engineers and their problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical curiosity
- A team-first mentality; this is a highly-cross functional role and will interact with nearly every discipline at LogDNA. You thrive in collaborative environments.
- A passion for enabling LogDNA’s customers, partners, and community to be highly productive and successful, and ease in connecting with anyone who needs a hand
- A bias towards action and getting things done
- The ability to have fun and who takes the role, but not yourself, seriously
- Relevant developer relations experience
- A remote-first, remote-biased working environment.
- Working in a fun, energetic, busy team environment.
- Competitive compensation.
- 100% Full health premium coverage for you and your dependents (yes... everyone).
- Dental and Vision coverage.
- Unlimited Vacation.
- 1 company-wide day off per month to take care of your mental and physical well being, in addition to regular local holidays.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
LogDNA is a centralized log management solution that puts DevOps teams in control of their data and allows them to gain valuable insights from their l...