Associate Developer Advocate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
What is cool about this job
Founded nearly ten years ago in Austin, Texas by well-known serial entrepreneur Jason Cohen (@asmartbear), WP Engine has maintained its scrappy startup roots while experiencing impressive growth. This growth provides many opportunities at WP Engine to solve hard problems at scale, yet we are still small enough for your contributions to have a noticeable impact on the company’s growth and strategy.
We are searching for an experienced Developer Advocate to join our Developer Relations team and help build a community of developers that are focused on delivering world class experiences to their customers.
Our platform hosts +600k websites and servers +5 billion web requests per day. Most of this traffic is served by WordPress, but our customers are transitioning to modern web stacks like React and Node with WordPress as the data source. The Developer Relations team is focused on developing best practices, tutorials, software, and content that creates a clear path for building best-of-breed digital experiences on WordPress.
Our culture is renowned; we believe it is meaningful to hire the best and ensure that we provide an environment where the best get better. If you are intelligent, great at solving problems, a hard worker, and an excellent teammate, you may be the engineer that we are looking for.
The day to day
- Create developer content in the form of blog posts, tutorials, guides, starter projects, etc.
- Design, write, test, and maintain open source software
- Write clean, maintainable code
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to help drive the direction of our products
- Research new technologies and incorporate them into our content and strategy
- Be an outstanding teammate to the other members of your team
Your expertise and passion
- 1 year of writing high quality, maintainable, deployable, testable, and scalable software applications
- Experience with Node.js, WordPress, and React
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven history of continuous learning and ability to stay ahead of technology trends
- Natural problem solving abilities, an inquisitive personality, and an eagerness to take on the challenge of big problems
- You are passionate about working alongside customers to determine solution best fits their needs
The perks & benefits
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Fertility Benefits (IVF/Fertility drug coverage)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Family and Caregiver’s Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
- One-time $500 Home Office Stipend
- Company Wellness Days
- Wellness Program
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Your WordPress Digital Experience Platform, driving your business forward faster.