This job is no longer accepting applications.
At RevenueCat, we make selling subscriptions in your mobile app easy. We launched as part of Y Combinator's summer 2018 batch and today are handling subscriptions for more than 10 million mobile subscriptions across thousands of apps. We are a mission driven, remote-first company that is building the foundation of mobile subscription infrastructure. Top apps like WidgetSmith, Buffer, and Fishbrain count on RevenueCat to power their subscriptions at scale.
As a Developer Advocate at RevenueCat, you'll be focused on creating compelling technical content to help developers build and grow their apps. You'll be given resources to build the advocacy program from scratch, experiment with new mediums, and create exciting projects used by tens of thousands of developers. We believe that building a strong community and investing in their success is essential to our own success as a company.
- You have 4+ years experience in app development
- You have at least 2 years of experience working in developer advocacy or developer relations roles with a portfolio of content ready to share.
- You are usually the first to try new APIs and products. You're not afraid to roll your sleeves up to write code snippets and sample applications. Even better, you can articulate ways they can be improved to make all developers’ lives easier.
- You are someone who has written code, operated infrastructure, and can get in the technical weeds with the best of them.
- You have a strong familiarity and knowledge of RevenueCat and its products.
- You find joy in serving the community and helping fellow developers get better at their jobs.
- You're an educator at heart who loves teaching developers how to build amazing things.
- You're a great writer and comfortable taking complex topics and making them accessible to developers of different experience levels.
- You enjoy speaking in front of groups of developers at conferences and meetups.
In the first month, you'll:
- Review technical content produced by other members of the team.
- Ship updates to our documentation.
- Proactively respond to technical question on Twitter, Reddit and Stack Overflow and be active in the community.
In the first three months, you'll:
- Become an expert on RevenueCat products and in-app subscriptions.
- Support new feature launches with content for the website, documentation, and social.
- Produce original technical content that will serve as educational pieces for the industry, while showcasing RevenueCat-specific features.
In the first six months, you'll:
- Create, manage and execute on content calendar that keeps developers engaged and educated.
- Represent RevenueCat on forums, at events, and throughout the community.
- Drive API best practices by creating blog and video content, developing code samples and open source tools
Within a year, you'll:
- Speak at relevant conferences (online for now) representing RevenueCat.
- Work with Marketing to help define our strategy for 2022 and beyond.
- Be the voice of our customers internally. Bring common problems to our product and support teams.
What we offer:
- $105,280-$118,720 USD salary + competitive equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy
- Generous stipend for home workspace
- 401k match
Your application has been successfully submitted.
In-app subscriptions made easy