Developer Relations Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience as a software engineer, developer, or equivalent technical experience.
- Experience in a technical consulting or customer facing capacity.
- Experience working with third party developer tools, including documentation, APIs, SDKs, and client libraries.
- Experience participating in online and offline developer communities and ecosystems (e.g., open source platforms, blogs, YouTube video series, tech conferences, hackathons, meet ups, technical teaching, and training).
About the job
As a Developer Relations Engineer, you'll work on our YouTube channels, in podcasts and trainings, or support channels to troubleshoot and debug technical problems encountered by developers. Internally, you'll work with product engineering teams to improve products by conveying feedback from developers, reviewing and contributing to API designs, writing production ready code, and testing new features.
You will join our team of Developer Advocates and Developer Programs Engineers to collaborate and connect with communities that love technology as much as we do. Our team interacts with developers across the globe both at conferences as well as online, and advocates for third party developer interests and needs internally at Google. Our focus is on supporting third party developers who build applications and businesses on Google's platforms.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $125,000 + bonus + equity + benefits .
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Manage and participate in developer discussion forums, troubleshoot and address the concerns raised in these forums, and educate developers on best practices for effective integration of Google developer products.
- Assist third-party developers and strategic partners in troubleshooting integrations with Google APIs and use of other Google developer products online.
- Work on the core source code of Google's products with other engineers to identify, reproduce, and fix issues that are affecting our users.
- Advocate for developers internally, and influence Google developer product strategy by working with cross-functional teams.
- Write, release, and manage open source Software Development Kits (SDKs), demo apps, tools, samples, blog posts, technical guides, or videos. Contribute to and manage open source projects and drive open standards.
Your application has been successfully submitted.