Senior Developer Advocate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Developer Advocacy team educates and empowers developers who want to build applications on MongoDB through technical content, including sample applications, presentations and blog posts.
We are an ally to technical teams and help them on the journey from minimum viable product to production application. Whether you are a startup or a Fortune 500 company we can help you adopt MongoDB and accelerate your time to value.
You will be a part of a global developer advocacy team based in Dublin, New York, Austin Texas and San Francisco. We encourage and support remote employees and the majority of the developer relations team work remotely.
We love engineers who already know some MongoDB and are comfortable with Java, C#, Go, Ruby and/or Node.js. You should be comfortable working with cloud services like AWS, Azure and GCE.
Our ideal candidate will have at least 5 years experience developing and/or working with customers in a technical role. You should be comfortable presenting in person and online and should be able to succeed in satisfying the call for papers at conferences such as Devoxx, EuroPython and Web Summit.
You should be an expert teacher with the ability to explain complex issues in a simple understandable manner. You must be able to command the respect of your technical peers in the pre-sales, consulting and engineering organisations at MongoDB.
You must be able to write clearly and concisely to fulfil this role.
- Work with the developer advocacy and engineering teams to help promote the use of MongoDB and MongoDB Atlas within the global developer community
- Keep up to date with key developments on AWS, Azure and GCE
- Become a MongoDB expert
- Master at least two of Java, C#, Ruby and/or Go
- Be able to present off the cuff with a minimum amount of preparation
- Learn new technologies fast and be able to explain it to others
Within six months you should have
- Built your reputation within in MongoDB
- Earned a talk and presented it at a technical conference with over 200 attendees
- Written four technical articles
Your application has been successfully submitted.
For the ones who dream big & think ahead to create the things we can’t live without.