Developer Relations Evangelist/Advocate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This is an exciting opportunity to participate in shaping the Developer Evangelist function at Oxeye in an industry that is still taking form. We focus on building groundbreaking AppSec security solutions for cloud-native architecture. Oxeye helps AppSec and Developer teams ensure no vulnerable code ever reaches production.
As Oxeye's first Developer Relations Evangelist, you will be responsible for building a strong developer community around Oxeye. You will be operating at the intersection of engineering and evangelism for Oxeye's solutions and our open-source projects. In this role, you will be both an ecosystem influencer and product evangelist. Drawing on your experience in the cloud-native space you will engage and build relationships with developers to deeply understand and improve their journey of adoption and help them to navigate and reduce friction points along the way.
Ideally, you are someone who can build tools and content (blogs, videos, docs etc), for developers while seeding developer communities and programs, participate and lead events/meetups, and act as Oxeye’s ambassador at conferences.
What you’ll be doing:
- Shape and execute a strategy around driving developer awareness and adoption of Oxeye.
- Create engaging content, including technical talks, blog posts, demos, videos, and give presentations in the most relevant channels and venues (which you will help determine).
- Identify and build relationships with key influencers with the aim of fostering a strong community, as well as collecting feedback about the product and technical blockers if any.
- Organize events and help drive submissions. Attend in person (when safe) and virtual events, give talks and establish Oxeye as the owner of the category we're building.
- Work with the CNCF and OWASP communities and act as an educator and thought partner to developers and open-source community members.
You should apply if:
- 3+ years combined experience as a DevRel combined with other technical roles (e.g. Developer, Engineering Ops, Technical Support, etc).
- A track record in building and scaling developer/open-source communities from scratch.
- The ability to communicate complicated technical concepts with clarity and in detail.
- Outstanding written and verbal English.
- Enjoy giving technical presentations to audiences that span the technical to semi-technical spectrum.
- Regularly create technical documentation, blogs, and other forms of media that clearly articulate solutions and drive adoption.
- Maintain an active and credible presence in developer communities and social media channels.
Oxeye has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — we look for people who are inventors, builders, learners, and team players. So, even if your background partially meets the description but, our culture ring true for you we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.