This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for our very first hire to help us build the TileDB developer relations. In this role, you will focus on building a community of TileDB users, growing the TileDB adoption and motivating our users to organically speak about and recommend TileDB to their peers. You will also act as a conduit between users and our engineering and product teams, in order to help us discover and solve challenging Data Science problems in Genomics, Geospatial, Time Series and other application domains. You will need to be able to use TileDB, apply and configure it to different problem settings, and explain technical material at a detailed level.
As a Developer Advocate, you will be responsible for
- Educating and empowering developers who want to build applications with TileDB through technical content, including JupyterLab notebooks, conference presentations, video tutorials, and blog posts
- Being the voice of TileDB, Inc. both on online forums and in-person events, engaging and helping developers understand and love TileDB
- Serving as a technical ally and partner to developers in helping them build, manage and scale their applications
- Communicating to our engineering and product teams the problems faced by the TileDB users and the Data Science community
- Building relationships with individuals and organizations who support open-source Data Science software
Our headquarters are in Cambridge, MA, USA and we have a subsidiary in Athens, Greece. However, you will have the flexibility to work remotely as long as your residence is in the USA or Greece. US candidates must be US citizens, whereas Greek candidates must be Greek or EU citizens.
In your first 30 days, you will familiarize yourself with all the TileDB technology and evaluate the existing TileDB community. For your next 30 days, you will research the Data Science domain and define success metrics for the TileDB developer relations. This involves participating in online forums, and attending conferences and meetups, in order to showcase TileDB and drive adoption within the Data Science community. After 60 days, you will be fully integrated in our team. You’ll be an active member in the Data Science community with a concrete plan to make TileDB a successful data management solution for data scientists.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Developer Advocate
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge and experience with the Data Science ecosystem (popular Python and R packages, Spark, Dask, SQL engines)
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Ability to forge relationships with developers
- Ability to identify data management challenges in various application domains and communicate them to our engineering and product teams
- Ability to travel approximately 30-40% of your time
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% medical and dental insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays)
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Flexibility to work remotely (anywhere in the US or Greece)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Data Management made Universal