Senior Developer Educator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Organization: Vonage API Group Product
- Location: Remote but US preferred
- Travel requirements: Light travel to TBC (post pandemic)
Vonage Product Management Mission: Vonage API is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, TikTok, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
We are looking for an experienced developer advocate, technical writer, boot camp educator, or developer content creator to establish and evolve the Vonage technology ecosystem through the creation of educational content covering a wide range of products, services, and programming languages.
You’ll collaborate with our Developer Advocates, Product Managers, Developer Experience and Engineering teams to understand all of the Vonage product offerings and then work to create regularly written and filmed tutorials that will engage and inspire developers at all skill levels.
The ideal candidate will be creative in how they make topics relatable, how they illustrate tough concepts and data driven in how they gather their ideas and inspiration of what to create next.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Write and film tutorials and blog posts and courses that engage, educate, and inspire developers using the whole suite of Vonage APIs.
- Experiment with new and emerging technologies, languages, frameworks, and ways to help developers learn about our APIs faster.
- Collaborate with Developer Advocates, Product, Engineering, Marketing, and other colleagues to grow and improve the Vonage content output in terms of variety and scope.
- Discover and experiment with new ways of delivering content such as short-form video, live streaming, audio, and any other medium that will inspire developers.
- Reach developers wherever they are online and drive adoption by understanding their issues, goals, and tooling needs. You’ll be keen to use data as well as your own experience to drive this.
- Guide, and work with, external contributors to ensure we publish educational content that represents the variety of approaches used by the Vonage developer communities.
- Monitor external communities like Stack Overflow, Dev.to, Discourse, and Slack to identify new pieces of content to create, then make it happen.
- Represent Vonage online through the written word and beyond through event attendance and public speaking.
What is required for application
- 2+ years experience in a related API/SaaS technology field.
- Experience as a Developer Advocate, Technical Writer, Code Bootcamp Educator, or other developer content creator.
- Experience in copy editing and writing for audiences of varying levels of skill.
- An excellent track record of regular publishing, either for another company or on your own site.
- You have a working knowledge of APIs and experience of writing code samples, demos, tutorials, or technical blog posts using at least two of the following languages: PHP, Python, .NET/C#, Ruby, Swift/Objective C, Java or Go.
- You have previously worked with remote teams or are excited about the prospect of being a part of one.
- A passion for communications technologies and their business application.
- Experience in working within cross-functional teams (product, marketing, customer success, etc).
- You are a strong communicator who can explain complex technical concepts in a written manner as well as in person.
What is in it for you
- Unlimited paid annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Medical cover
- Health Savings Account
- Dental and Vision Cover
- Income Protection
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Legal plan
- Career progression
- Industry conferences
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Communications APIs. Unified Communications. Contact Centers. The world’s most flexible cloud communications platform. Now we're talking.