Senior Developer Advocate
Remote, North America Remote
Hi, I’m Kenaz Kwa, Director of Product Management at Puppet.
I’m looking for a Senior Developer Advocate to join the Relay team. Relay is a new product in the Puppet portfolio, launched earlier this year. It’s an event-driven automation platform that pulls together all of the tools and technologies DevOps engineers need to effectively manage their environment. It works by listening to signals from DevOps tools and apps people already use and then triggers workflows to orchestrate any downstream services and tools.
Our goal is to provide opportunities for DevOps engineers to be more successful in their jobs by making them aware of our solutions, enabling them to be successful through great experiences across our communities, and creating a culture of collaboration. Success in this role broadly looks like growing a healthy user community where users are able to use Relay to solve their automation challenges. In practice, this means producing demos, blog posts, videos, giving talks and working with users 1:1 to educate and solve their problems.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about IT automation and open source technologies and excited about Relay’s potential to make DevOps automation accessible to more and more people. We’re still early as a product and you’ll have a great opportunity to shape the role.
This role is a remote position based in the United States.
What you’ll be doing:
- Driving awareness about the Relay platform within online and in-person communities.
- Actively soliciting feedback from the Relay and Puppet community and working within the team to improve the product (we’re a small team, so you’ll definitely get face to face time with everyone)
- Producing content (videos, blog posts, tutorials, podcasts, etc.) to help DevOps engineers solve automation challenges
- Building and running live demos to demonstrate the value of the product
- Attending webinars, industry events as well as company conferences (up to 50% travel… you know, eventually 🤞🏼)
What you’ll bring along:
- 5+ years combined experience as a Developer Advocate within open source communities and foundations and other technical roles (e.g. Developer, IT operator, Technical support etc)
- Passion and proven track record for enabling developers and/or IT operators
- Clear communication skills to different internal and external audiences in both written and verbal mediums
- Development experience with Python, Docker, YAML, other related DevOps tools to create integrations, demos, and technical content
- Executes autonomously with high agency
Bonus points for:
- Experience in the IT automation / DevOps space preferred.
We are hiring at various experience levels and we’re particularly interested in having a diverse team with a broad set of skills and viewpoints. If this seems like your dream job, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway!
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Puppet’s core mission is to eliminate soul crushing work. We created the industry standard for managing infrastructure as code. And we didn’t stop there—our product portfolio has grown to help organizations automate across their entire software delivery lifecycle. With more than two-thirds of Fortune 100 companies using Puppet’s open source or commercial products, our code is helping power thousands of organizations across the world.
As the industry leader in DevOps solutions, we realize that our success is a collective effort; all made possible by the incredible people working here, our customers, partners, and Puppet community. Our culture is built on positivity, diversity, inclusivity and support—and we seek people who are resilient, entrepreneurial-minded, team players who continually strive to be incrementally better every single day. In our work together we aim to be curious, accountable, empathetic and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like the environment you’d thrive in, why not say hello?
Puppet is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact +1-877-575-9775 for assistance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.