Developer Relations Engineer
We are looking for a talented and motivated Developer Relations Engineer to join Mina Foundation, the non-profit steward of Mina Protocol, the world’s lightest blockchain. We are building the first cryptocurrency protocol with a succinct blockchain, enabling greater access and ease of adoption than other protocols. This is a chance to join a small, collaborative team and have a ton of independence while working on fascinating cross-disciplinary problems in computing.
We’re working on technologies with the potential to reimagine social structures, and ramifications that could match the influence of the internet’s development. We believe it’s important to incorporate diverse perspectives from conception through realization.
Mina enables a new class of applications where users can securely and frictionlessly interact with the network while developers can add functionality to their applications in a few lines of client-side code. We’re looking for someone who wants to work hand-in-hand with a vibrant technical community, including developers, to create a new generation of cryptocurrency-enabled applications.
This is a chance to join a small, collaborative team and have a ton of independence while working on fascinating problems that span software engineering, systems design, cryptography, and computing. We also offer competitive compensation both in salary and equity as well as top-of-the-market benefits.
The role includes:
- Being a point of contact for technical collaboration and guidance for partners and others in the developer ecosystem, including working closely with ecosystem partners to scope new projects, document requirements and collaborate on feature improvements
- Collecting feedback to understand the needs and wants of the developer community; relaying that feedback to Product,Engineering and Marketing teams to help create features, products and positioning that engage, excite and empower the developer community to build on Mina.
- Partnering with Marketing to participate in, build and maintain the Mina developer community and ecosystem by producing content, participating in events, panels, conferences, AMAs or other opportunities to reach an audience of developers.
- Supporting the grant program by aiding in the evaluation of technical project grants, developing working processes and evaluating deliverables such as codebase from program participants
- Helping ideate, build and grow categories of applications and platforms on top of the Mina blockchain by collaborating with the entire Mina community and other blockchain developers
- Creating content that will help support and engage the developer community
The ideal candidate:
- Is an excellent writer and empathetic communicator
- Has experience working in a developer relations or external facing engineering capacity at a blockchain or cryptocurrency project, preferably one with a live mainnet
- Has a network of developers building or interested in applications on top of public blockchains
- Has experience with computer science, software engineering, or cryptocurrency applications
- Has experience giving demos, speaking or presenting at conferences or meet-ups
- Has experience working directly with users or potential users to collect feedback through various methods
- Has some experience technical writing
However, there are no hard requirements; we’re more interested in learning about your individual background. If you’d be interested in applying, please attach your C.V. and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're building the world's lightest blockchain, powered by participants.