Developer Advocate - Mobile
Santa Clara, CA, USA Remote
The DA Team is growing at Couchbase and we are looking for a Remote Mobile Developer Advocate (must be based in the US, Canada, or Europe). The developer advocacy team creates interesting developer-focused content (blogs, websites, presentations, guides, apps, tools, etc), helps application developers and the community through online & real word interactions on how to use and succeed with application development with Couchbase (forums, StackOverflow, Twitch, etc), and promotes Couchbase by giving engaging technical presentations at online and real-world events, meetups & conferences.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline (or equivalent practical experience)
- 5+ years developing native apps for iOS (Swift / Objective-C) and Android (Kotlin / Java)
- Extensive understanding of standard iOS/Android interface components
- Experience working with databases (SQLite, CBLite, Firebase, etc) and working with REST APIs
- Knowledge of HTML and CSSA clear understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and design patterns.
- Terrific communication skills in English (writing, creating, presenting) and loves interacting and helping developers.
- Willingness to travel (when it is safe to do so) and has the ability to work autonomously.
- You are able to listen to the developer community and effectively relay the stories and feedback to Couchbase.
- You are fun to be around, easy-going, and optimistic, and, can handle bad puns.
- Significant experience working in DevRel or speaking in conferences and meetups
- You are a community enthusiast and have made contributions to open source projects
- Ideally, you have experience with Flutter and/or hybrid app frameworks like Capacitor, Ionic, Cordova, or React Native
- Experience with NoSQL Databases (Couchbase, MongoDB, Neo4J, Cassandra, DynamoDb, Redis, and/or Memcached, etc )
- Basic coding experience with other languages such as Java, .Net, Node, Ruby, Golang, Rust, or PHP is highly desired.
- Be a great, exemplar Developer Advocate for Couchbase, with creating content/apps, and promoting Couchbase with presentations and talks
- Collaborate with users of Couchbase in the developer community and the open-source ecosystem of developer-oriented tools, frameworks, and applications
- Producing solid content (videos, blog posts, tutorials, etc.) that meets the needs of our communities
- Be active in our community channels to help our users (forums, StackOverflow, etc)
- Support Marketing on the planning and execution of sponsored events and conferences.
Your application has been successfully submitted.