Developer Advocate - Mobile
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The DA Team is growing at Couchbase and we are looking for a Remote Mobile Developer Advocate (must be based in the US, Canada, or Europe). The developer advocacy team creates interesting developer-focused content (blogs, websites, presentations, guides, apps, tools, etc), helps application developers and the community through online & real word interactions on how to use and succeed with application development with Couchbase (forums, StackOverflow, Twitch, etc), and promotes Couchbase by giving engaging technical presentations at online and real-world events, meetups & conferences.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline (or equivalent practical experience)
- 5+ years developing native apps for iOS (Swift / Objective-C) and Android (Kotlin / Java)
- Extensive understanding of standard iOS/Android interface components
- Experience working with databases (SQLite, CBLite, Firebase, etc) and working with REST APIs
- Knowledge of HTML and CSSA clear understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and design patterns.
- Terrific communication skills in English (writing, creating, presenting) and loves interacting and helping developers.
- Willingness to travel (when it is safe to do so) and has the ability to work autonomously.
- You are able to listen to the developer community and effectively relay the stories and feedback to Couchbase.
- You are fun to be around, easy-going, and optimistic, and, can handle bad puns.
- Significant experience working in DevRel or speaking in conferences and meetups
- You are a community enthusiast and have made contributions to open source projects
- Ideally, you have experience with Flutter and/or hybrid app frameworks like Capacitor, Ionic, Cordova, or React Native
- Experience with NoSQL Databases (Couchbase, MongoDB, Neo4J, Cassandra, DynamoDb, Redis, and/or Memcached, etc )
- Basic coding experience with other languages such as Java, .Net, Node, Ruby, Golang, Rust, or PHP is highly desired.
- Be a great, exemplar Developer Advocate for Couchbase, with creating content/apps, and promoting Couchbase with presentations and talks
- Collaborate with users of Couchbase in the developer community and the open-source ecosystem of developer-oriented tools, frameworks, and applications
- Producing solid content (videos, blog posts, tutorials, etc.) that meets the needs of our communities
- Be active in our community channels to help our users (forums, StackOverflow, etc)
- Support Marketing on the planning and execution of sponsored events and conferences.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The world’s best open source database for building scalable, high performance web, mobile & IoT applications.