This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Confluent, we’re creating a category that transforms how every company manages and streams data. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s Confluent in action—giving our customers instant access to massive amounts of real-time data, enabling them to thrive in an ever-changing digital world. As one of the fastest-growing enterprise companies in history, and with Fortune 100 customers across major industries, we have a tremendous opportunity in front of us. We also have experience on our side. Our leaders have taken companies of our size to major success before and include some of the original creators of Apache Kafka®.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s unlimited potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks with the backing and support of our #OneTeam culture. Be part of inclusive initiatives like Employee Resource Groups and development programs, and take advantage of benefits that support our diverse global teams. Grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
As a Developer Advocate for Confluent, you will help developers be successful using Apache Kafka and Confluent technologies and feel awesome while they do it. During the pandemic, you won’t travel much, but you will engage with the community online and build compelling content from home. You’re eager to be part of a diverse team with big goals, and you have an unremittingly positive attitude. Ultimately, you will help developers achieve our mission: to build a streaming data platform and put it at the heart of every company.
What you'll do
- Engage online and in person (when possible) with the community of developers, ops professionals, and other distributed systems enthusiasts around the world, teaching and inspiring them to apply event streaming technologies more effectively
- Write sample code, build creative new conference talks, make screencasts, make compelling tutorial videos, and write some of the best blog posts the streaming data world has ever seen
- Deliver talks at conferences and meetups
- Help other developers by interacting on Confluent Community Slack, Stack Overflow, Twitter, GitHub, or places where developers come for help online
- Represent the developer community to the Confluent product and engineering teams, making sure that everything we build is easy to learn and sensible to use
What we're looking for
- You’re a seasoned software developer
- You’re a great writer, and can create winsome, on-brand technical blog posts
- You can write top-quality code samples and mini applications to demonstrate the technologies you want to teach
- You can record screencasts and instructional videos of your talks and articles
- You’re a fun, confident speaker at conferences and meetups—even online
- In a different world, you could be a product manager, able to imagine how a product should be built for maximum developer happiness, and able to persuade other stakeholders of your approach
Additional highly desirable experience
- You’re a good JVM language programmer (Java preferred)
- You’re up to date with current JVM community engineering practices
- You know something about distributed systems, maybe even Kafka
- You constantly keep up to date on the latest technologies related to Confluent, streaming data, and distributed systems
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We make an event streaming platform powered by Apache Kafka to help companies harness their high-volume, real-time data streams.