This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Yugabyte, we are on a mission to build an open source, high-performance, distributed SQL database for powering global, internet-scale applications.
We are looking for a developer advocate who can become the voice of our primary users, the app builders. The ideal candidate will be very interested in learning new technologies and frameworks, experiment with these and build sample applications or integrations, attend and present these at various conferences, build real world sample applications and help with documentation.
- Create content such as videos, blogs, sample apps, beginner tutorials, best practices etc. to enable building apps on YugabyteDB, as well as deploying, managing, and troubleshooting existing installations .
- Work to further the value YugabyteDB brings to the following ecosystems: Spring, Kubernetes, GraphQL, Kafka
- Present details about YugabyteDB architecture as well as its ecosystem integrations at conferences, meetups and workshops
- Identify and build relationships with key influencers with the aim of fostering a strong community, as well as collect feedback about the product and technical blockers if any.
- Contribute to key open source projects and build cool, useful, productive apps to win the hearts and minds of developers.
- Champion YugabyteDB in online forums, as well as social media (Twitter, Stack Overflow, Hacker News, etc).
- Communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences
- 5+ years overall software engineering experience, with coding experience and proficiency in at least one language such as node.js, python, Go, Java.
- Understanding of the enterprise software space
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and technology (hosting, Docker containers, Kubernetes orchestration)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with security protocols and authentication schemes
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 20% of time.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The high-performance Distributed SQL database for global, internet-scale apps. Built for cloud native 🚀 with open source ❤️ |