Austin, TX, USA
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
We may be doing something different every day, and the flexibility to master all relevant skills on the fly to handle new projects is important. If we begin to support additional programming languages, learning those new programming languages, building a project with them, and writing tutorials and examples using that new language with Workers will be part of the job.
Potential projects include but aren’t limited to:
- Building cool projects that can be used as code examples, writing integrations with other products, writing technical blog posts and tutorials, supporting external developers and improving their developer experience,
- Interacting with developers online on platforms such as Discord or StackOverflow
- Teaching workshops and helping run them,
We’re looking for people who are:
- Creative, empathetic, communicative and clever
- Confident and comfortable presenting to different types of audiences, large and small
- Adept at communicating technically complicated topics simply and elegantly
- Strong hands-on developer who is comfortable with full-stack development
- Intellectually curious, with great problem-solving skills
- Willing to rapidly experiment and adjust plans depending on what works is a must.
- You have excellent debugging and optimization skills
- You thrive in a multidisciplinary environment, and like working with many different teams
- You have strong verbal and written skills
- You’ve worked professionally in a software engineering or developer advocacy role
- Familiarity with web development languages and frontend frameworks (such as React, Vue, Angular, etc), dev tools and the serverless ecosystem
- Experience with teaching students
- Experience with organizing meetups, classes and/or workshops
- Results-oriented mindset
- Experience with WebAssembly
You should include these in your application:
- Code you’re proud of with products or projects you’ve worked on
- Links to your blog or your profile in online communities like GitHub, Twitter, Quora or Stack Overflow
- Languages you are fluent in, both human and tech
Your application has been successfully submitted.