Developer Advocate (Developer Experience)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Courier is the fastest way for developers to build notifications for their app. Our APIs take the tedium out of integrating various notification channels, while our visual designer lets anyone design a message template and deliver their notifications to the best channel for each user with a single API call. Email, Push, Slack, SMS, you name it. Think "Stripe, for notifications."
We’ve raised $12.5 million from Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Twilio, SendGrid, Slack, and Y Combinator. We're fanatical about delivering an amazing experience to software developers of companies big and small; if you are too, we should talk!
We’re solving a complex and tedious problem for developers: communication infrastructure. Companies like LinkedIn, Slack, and GitHub dedicate large engineering teams and tens of million of dollars per year building and maintaining the systems that power their user notifications, alerts, reminders, digests, and other programmatic communication. With Courier, the next generation of startups will be able to dedicate those resources to delivering customer value rather than reinventing the wheel.
Your goal, as a Developer Advocate focused on Developer Experience, will be to help tell the Courier story to the wider developer community. You will grow the Courier audience and brand by creating great technical examples, sample apps, boilerplates, tooling, and anything else that helps developers understand and harness the value that Courier delivers.
You will work closely with our entire GTM team, from Marketing and Sales to DevRel and Customer Success, in order to accomplish your goal.
- Show the value of Courier by defining interesting use cases and building something that illustrates that use case
- Ensure that the complete developer journey, from hitting the website, to signing up, to sending the first API call, to becoming a power user is seamless and delightful
- Build additional tooling and open source projects that help developers harness the power of Courier
- Be an outspoken advocate for Courier who is active wherever our audience congregates (Twitter, conferences, Hacker News, etc).
- Work closely with product & engineering to make sure developer feedback quickly results in a better product
- Builder: developer who has built things for other developers
- Great story teller: able to show the value of a product through using it
- Self-directed: constantly thinking about what is best for the business and executing on it
- Experienced with open source: you've built projects that others find interesting on GitHub
- Customer Centric: You are passionate about making the software development process better
How We Work:
- We hire smart, engaged people who are great at what they do
- We give people the freedom to work on the things they are passionate about
- We all give honest, direct feedback on ideas and initiatives
- We all seek to help the business, not please the boss(es)
- We all do great work and have fun doing it!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The fastest way to build notifications for your app ⚡ Email, SMS, push, chat, and more.