Developer Experience Advocate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
While candidates in the listed locations are encouraged for this role, we are open to remote candidates in other locations.
Databricks has built a powerful collection of open source software and commercial services to help make data teams around the world more successful solving tough problems. Our ability to execute on this mission depends on building trust and recognition with an ever-growing community of data engineers, data analysts, data scientists and machine learning practitioners.
As a Developer Advocate, you'll work closely with your teammates in Developer Relations, product, engineering, and marketing to ensure that data teams everywhere can achieve their goals.
The Developer Relations team is passionate about data, empathetic to the needs of developers, and strong believers in using our diverse set of skills to explain our products and use feedback from the community to improve the developer experience.
We have a few different types of Developer Advocate (DA) roles available, so the following list only serves as a guide of what some DAs on the team focus on.
The impact you will have:
- Drive overall awareness of Lakehouse, Data Engineering, Machine Learning and Deep Learning technologies and lifecycle. Technologies can include Delta Lake, Apache Spark, MLflow, Koalas, PyTorch, TensorFlow and more.
- Work with the product, engineering and growth teams to improve the onboarding and overall experience of developers. May include documentation, tutorials/guides, UI experiments, code/notebook samples, etc.
- Help position Databricks as a technical leader by speaking at Databricks events, industry events, meetups and more.
- Grow the Data + AI community by helping folks solve problems (StackOverflow, forums, etc), giving them a voice and recognizing their achievements.
- Make it simple to contribute to the ML/DL open source projects including MLflow and Koalas.
- Write and deliver online courseware (MOOCs), blog posts, tutorials and videos targeted at data engineers, data scientists, data analytics and other data practitioners.
- Build data analyses, machine learning models and other examples on large scale data for demonstration and teaching purposes.
- Use your creativity and imagination to build excitement around data engineering, data science, and machine learning technologies. We encourage new approaches and thought-provoking content.
What we look for:
- You are a software developer with subject matter expertise in data analytics, data engineering and/or data science.
- You are a solid communicator with experience writing about, teaching, or speaking about complex technical topics.
- You have launched a developer product and grown a thriving community. Alternatively, you have solid intuition, passion and empathy for technical communities which leads us to believe that you'll excel in doing this at Databricks!
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business travel accident insurance
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Databricks is the data and AI company, helping data teams solve the world’s toughest problems.