Alexa Skills - Technical Developer Advocate (Spanish)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you want to help build the world’s greatest Developer Advocacy team? The Amazon Alexa Skills team is seeking a passionate engineer, who will be responsible for supporting developer coding and implementation issues. You will also advocate within Amazon for Alexa developers and create content for the community. In this role, you will be a part of a team of exceptionally driven, customer-obsessed experts who strive to provide world-class support to Alexa skill developers.
A day in the life
Your time will be split into resolving technical developer queries via a ticketing system and our developer forum as well as creating written and video content to provide solutions for developer pain points. You will also engage with developers by holding regular developer office hours. You will interact with a team located across Europe with a variety of business and technical backgrounds, but also other stakeholders in international locations like Seattle.
About the hiring group
The Developer Advocacy Group operates across multiple locations around the world. You will be part of the team that focuses on supporting and engaging European developers for Alexa Skills. The team is split into a business and technical side and speaks many of the supported Alexa languages. You will be the voice of our developers and will have a direct and daily impact on the developer experience.
As a Developer Advocate, you will work directly with developers to analyze and resolve issues. You will be interacting with both external developers and internal teams via a number of communication channels to drive solutions that meet developer needs.
Your key responsibilities:
· You will be working with developers to understand how Alexa skills are built and seeking solutions to a variety of technical issues in the process of publishing a skill.
· You will create technical content via blog posts, recorded and live video.
· You will offer partnership to your developer support colleagues and partner with other teams as a subject matter expert in technical contact topics.
· You will drive projects that improve technical support-related services, plus creating other support materials for developers.
· Reviewing and maintaining technical documentation.
You are a good fit if you:
· are fluent in oral and written Spanish and English languages (or any of the following languages: German, French, Italian).
· have Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent working experience.
· demonstrate experience of web/app software development.
· demonstrate experience working with external customers to address and resolve issues, in support of technical products or services.
· have good interpersonal and communication skills.
· are not afraid of using social media, writing blog posts and creating live video content.
· are comfortable with MS Office
You are a great fit if you:
· have experience in technical support, preferably with problem ticketing, incident management, and/or issue escalation.
· have experience in creating technical written or live video content.
· have passion for technology, digital content, and the mobile/voice market segment.
· are motivated by creating, testing or evaluating software applications.
· have a track record of responding to/resolving customer issues through written communication.
· are able to drive digging into the details of a system or process to address customer problems.
· are willing to work with remote teams in different geographies and time zones.
· speak any additional languages including German, French, Italian, Portuguese.
Your application has been successfully submitted.