This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Airtable, our mission is to democratize software creation by building the premiere no-code platform for bespoke workflows and applications. As part of this vision, we’re looking to support a vibrant ecosystem of developers building extensions (apps) on top of the core Airtable product, and growing this ecosystem to ultimately create more value than even Airtable itself. You can learn more about the beginnings of our developer platform here.
To drive this vision forward, we’re looking for a Developer Advocate to help grow our developer community worldwide. As our first Developer Advocate, you’ll be integral in crafting the developer engagement strategy and executing on this critical piece of our Airtable vision. You’ll educate and empower our developer community through scalable tutorials, speaking engagements, and integrated demos to unlock value for new and existing users. If you’re passionate about democratizing software and being involved with a developer community from day one, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Devise and execute on a strategic plan to grow our developer community.
- Identify product gaps and opportunities to better serve our developers. Work with our Platform engineering team to design and craft additional capabilities and features based on your insights.
- Inspire and educate developers of Airtable’s potential - and support them in their effort to make an impact at their own companies or build businesses on top of Airtable - through guides, video tutorials, speaking engagements, trainings, and more.
- Wear several hats and do things that may not scale in the early days to help kick-start the community.
Who you are
- You are a natural teacher and are passionate about helping others fulfill their potential.
- You are confident and comfortable presenting to audiences large and small.
- You are energized by building a young community - by helping shape a culture of positivity, support, and inclusivity among Airtable developers.
- You’re a self-starter who takes initiative, and would be excited by working directly with other self-starter indie and enterprise developers to help them make an impact through what they build
- Empathetic communication - both spoken and written - is your forté; you can distill complicated topics into something clear and succinct.
- 2+ years of experience in a developer relations or advocate role.
- Ideally based in San Francisco Bay Area but open to remote.
- Bonus points:
- if you have experience with supporting and growing open source communities.
- if you have hired and grown a team (this is an IC role with room to grow).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Create, your way.