This job is no longer accepting applications.
Viam is working on a new approach to make robotics approachable to engineers and will empower thousands of startups to make a big dent in practical robotics. We’re tackling the hard software challenges enabling engineers to build modular and practical robots efficiently and cost effectively. We’re working on integrating hardware and software in new ways giving engineers much greater abilities to accomplish their goals. We’re trying to bring costs down tremendously in order to increase the pace of innovation.
Viam's products are for engineers, having an absolute amazing developer experience is critical. Developer advocacy is a cornerstone of a great developer focused company. As our first developer advocate you will help establish our developer community, the way we communicate with our users, the systems and tools we use, and educate the engineering community on Viam's products.
- Building unique and fun robots using Viam's products
- Educating the engineering community about the best way to build robots and how to use Viam's product through blogposts, conferences and videos.
- Partnering closely with the product and engineering teams to build the best products by providing feedback from the community
- Creating tutorials and documentation to foster awareness and onboard new engineers to our products
We're looking for someone who:
- Loves tinkering and working on robots
- Has experience writing for a technical audience, with an ability to write clear, technically rich, and engaging content.
- Has hands on development experience (ideally full-stack)
- Gets excited to present to large audiences both virtually and in person
Your application has been successfully submitted.