This job is no longer accepting applications.
Mason is transforming mobile deployments the same way AWS transformed website development, making it easy for anyone to turn an idea into a smart product and ship it to anywhere in the world. Our mission is to create a beautifully efficient world connected by billions of devices to work on behalf of humanity.
Mason provides the only fully managed infrastructure for developing and delivering dedicated devices. With Mason, it’s 20x faster and 10x less costly to build a single-use device from scratch or deploy and scale a smart product line. Organizations of all sizes can bring innovations and hundreds of use cases to market without reinventing the wheel.
Mason is looking for a highly motivated technologist to join our team as our Developer Advocate. You must enjoy “talking shop” and being part of developer communities. You are expected to understand how Mobile DevOps/Android DevOps/mobile hardware/IoT practitioners work, how they integrate tools into their processes, and understand how to reduce friction from activation to workflow adoption.
At Mason, you’ll be surrounded by colleagues trying to build an equitable workplace while solving some really complex problems. If you are looking for a high exposure, high growth opportunity, while being able to help shape our product and customer experience... this is it! Intrigued? Talk to us, and see where this journey may take you!
Mason is looking for a complex combination of grit, smarts, ingenuity and diverse perspectives (and more). Check out our values and see if they resonate.
What You'll Do
- Grow and develop the success of Mason’s developer experience, as well as the size and richness of the developer community
- Engage with various kinds of developers and Mason users (including developers, software engineers, architects, and more) to understand their perspectives, workflows, and use cases
- Develop and present talks, demonstrations, and workshops for developer conferences, events, and hackathons
- Help with creation of Mason’s documentation, tutorials, webinars and other education efforts
- Build relationships with Mason’s champions and foster the Mason community
- Help interpret user data and community feedback, to drive insights and assist product development
- Produce code samples, design patterns, blog posts, videos, and tutorials for developers
- You’ll learn about specific industries and use cases such as clinical trial, remote patient monitoring, retail, hospitality etc - apply the learning backwards to your everyday work
What you bring to the table:
- Mobile infrastructure and/or SaaS experience is a must 5+ years of professional experience, at least 1 year as a developer advocate
- Familiar with CI/CD pipeline workflows and tools such as GitLab CI, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, etc.
- Competent in at least one programming language (Python, JS/TS, Go, Java/Kotlin, Maven, Bash)
- Participation in and/or knowledge of existing developer forums
- Exposure to technical thought leadership across multiple mediums - blog, webinars, events, demo videos etc
- Experience creating and distributing technical content across multiple platforms simultaneously
- Excellent communicator, natural bridge-builder and works well in highly competitive environments
- Self-motivated, strong interpersonal skills, and organized with the ability to work independently
Bonus points for:
- Experience with public speaking on large platforms
- Be data-driven and have experience with setting and measuring against key metrics
- Startup experience
- Healthcare: Full healthcare benefits for Mason employees with competitive vision, dental, and medical insurance
- Transportation: Monthly reimbursement for your commuter needs to get to and from work
- Fitness & wellness: Monthly reimbursement for fitness classes or gym memberships (and currently, anything that makes you feel sane during our COVID crisis. i.e. gardening tools, donations to your favorite charities, books, you name it)
- Generous PTO & sick leave: We want you to take care of yourself with a minimum of 24 PTO days, including paid company holidays
- Parental leave: Caring for a newborn is an exciting time for parents! We offer four months of paid parental leave
- Dog-friendly office: Mason pups are welcome in the office 3x per week (though most teams work remotely at present)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Mason provides mobile infrastructure—including hardware, software, and services—to help companies build and scale smart hardware products.