Principal Developer Advocate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
AWS Developer Relations is looking for a Principal Developer Advocate who is passionate about the opportunity to help thousands of Developers and other Hands on Builders to discover how to accelerate their success with AWS, fostering organic advocacy and platform adoption. We are a developer obsessed team, working to relentlessly improve their experience and learning process adopting modern technologies. We think big, constantly driving innovation and transformation on behalf of customers.
Ideally, you’re someone who comes from a software and/or infrastructure background, but has an unmet need to make an impact by educating developers and guiding the broader industry towards solutions you firmly believe in.
You don’t just want to be part of an industry movement, you want to be out front leading it.
· Curating, developing and delivering compelling technical presentations, livestreams, sample solutions, and discussions to help drive awareness and adoption of AWS services.
· Providing mentorship and direction to fellow developer advocates on the team (sharing knowledge on crafting technical content/presentations, conducting code reviews and advising on conference submissions)
· Collaborating with internal teams to define initiatives for technical audiences, market positioning, gathering customer feedback, and nurturing and fostering technical communities.
· Creating and maintaining relevant content (demos, videos, blogs, screencasts, books, and other mediums), covering AWS services along with emerging technologies and industry developments.
· Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee and speaker at AWS and third party technology conferences, shows and press events.
· Maintaining a strong and credible presence in social media channels relevant to technical audiences. As well as community events happening in your local region.
· Working with your worldwide counterparts to share best practices and help build a best-in-the-industry developer relations organization.
You have some or all of the following skills:
· Significant experience working in a technology advocate or technical executive role
· 10+ years of experience in software development, cloud computing services & infrastructure, application development platforms, and popular programming language infrastructure and/or software development.
· 5+ years of experience working to develop systems and services using cloud technologies
· Outstanding public speaking, content creation, and presentation skills (in person and online), and experience working with technical communities.
· Willingness to travel.
· Significant experience (+15 yrs) in IT Infrastructure and/or software development, with special emphasis in areas of Compute, Storage, Databases, Networking, Application Services, Machine Learning, Big Data and/ or distributed computing.
· Practical familiarity with cloud computing platforms, architecture work, systems or application design, development or operations. Existing knowledge of the AWS platform a bonus.
· Working knowledge and experience with social / online marketing coupled with prior experience in product definition, bring-to-market strategies and/ or setting an industry standard.
· A history of successful speaking engagements, industry influence and/or recognition in technology publications is preferred.
· Success in nurturing, engaging with, and growing large technical communities.
· Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 fully featured services from data ce...